21 March 2012

Bruschetta Chicken Bake

I am trying very hard to eliminate any processed foods from my cooking and our diets. But this recipe is so quick and simple that it's hard to give up. I will definitely scour the net for a substitute recipe for the stuffing, as I'm sure there is one out there. This recipe takes no time to put together and takes only 30 min in the oven. It's also very tasty and both my kids devour this. They really do clean their plates on this one!



Bruschetta Chicken Bake
source: www.kraftcanada.com

Ingredients
1 can (540ml/19fl.oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained (I use Aylmer Accents Italian seasonings)
1 package Stove Top stuffing, chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp dried basil
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Heat oven to 400F.
Mix the tomatoes, stuffing and garlic in a bowl until the stuffing is just moistened.
Place chicken in 13x9 baking dish or 3L casserole, then basil and top with cheese.
Next, cover with the stuffing mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
Serve with some veggies and there is a quick and yummy meal for the family!

Happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. You say the kiddoes devour this? I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much every time! There was once when my little man wouldn't but it was one of those phases because he ate it the next day for leftovers lol! Let me know how it goes over at your place!!

      Delete