15 March 2012

Homemade Greek Vinaigrette

This is a recipe that I have been using since about 2000. I found it in the recipe calendar "Recipes Plus 1997" and gave it a try. Along with the dressing recipe, was a recipe for a nice salad. It was before there were any pre-made Greek salad dressings (that I could find) and the salad was exactly what I was looking for! Now, the salad was nothing special. Some romaine lettuce, feta cheese, veggies (tomatoes,cucumbers,red and green peppers, kalamata olives, red onions) and the vinaigrette. You have to remember to let your dressing sit because the herbs need to release their flavors and blend with the dressing. And so worth the wait! The flavor is fantastic and I love eating it because there are no preservatives or additives. Take the time to make this dressing, you will love it too!

Greek Salad Lemon Vinaigrette
source: Recipes Plus 1997 calendar

Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil (extra virgin or I prefer light)
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp each of dried oregano, dried thyme and salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Whisk together all ingredients. Allow vinaigrette to sit so herbs can blend. I would make it first thing in the morning for an afternoon salad.

Enjoy!
Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment