7 March 2012

Mini Kiss Pies

While browsing Pinterest, I came across this cute idea to use up some kiss chocolates that I had leftover from the holidays. You could actually use any kind of kiss chocolate, but we had the plain variety so I went with that. I can only imagine what the caramel ones would be like!! It also calls for pre-made pie dough which speeds the process up quite a bit. If I had pie dough in my freezer, I would have used it, but I didn't. So I picked up the refrigerated box variety and although it wasn't the same as the homemade stuff, it was good! The pies were gobbled up, nothing left!






Mini Kiss Pies
source: www.picky-palate.com

Ingredients
1 pie crust, thawed (a refrigerated package contains 2 crusts, so if you make both double the amounts)
16 - 18 kiss chocolates (your choice of flavor)
1 egg white whisked with 1 tbsp of water
granulated sugar
powdered sugar

Preheat your oven to 350F. Unroll your dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll it if necessary. I used a 3 inch circle cookie cutter to cut my circles., but you could simply use a knife. Fold so opposite sides meet at the tip of the kiss and pinch together. Then fold the other 2 opposite sides and pinch at the tip. Now press the edges together to form a criss-cross. Continue cutting dough and re-rolling until you have used up all your dough.
Brush the mini pies with the egg wash and then sprinkle with some granulated sugar. Place onto a baking sheet with a baking liner or parchment paper. Bake for 20-28 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Dust with some powdered sugar and serve.

Happy baking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment