19 February 2012

My Favorite Roast Pork Recipe

I discovered this recipe back in 2004 (maybe even 2003) when I was working evenings/nights (ok, all hours!) and spent time browsing the net while attending cooking school during the day. I made it once and actually never looked back. I made it for my boyfriend (who is now my hubby) and he said I could never make any other kind of pork roast, it was that good!
With our crazy lives this past year, and hubby being gone for most of it, I hadn't made it in quite some time. But we made it a Sunday meal recently and it is still my go to recipe for pork roasts. Tender, tasty and a nice au jus just tops it off (sorry no photo of it). I thought I would share the recipe with you as even my picky toddlers LOVED it! It's a family favorite for us and maybe it will be for you too!

Roast Pork Loin with Garlic and Rosemary
source: epicurious.com (here)

Ingredients
4 large garlic cloves, pressed
2 tsp dried or 4 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 tsp coarse salt (I use kosher)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 1/2lb bonelss pork loin roast
Olive oil (optional)
red wine or chicken stock (optional)

   Preheat oven 400F. Mix first 4 ingerdients in bowl. Rub a minimal amount of olive oil over roast if you like, makes it easier to rub the mixture onto the roast but is not necessary. Then rub the mixture all over the roast. Place the pork fat side down in the roasting pan. Roast for 30 min. Then turn the pork fat side up and continue roasting for 25 min. longer. Remove from pan and let stand 10 min. If you choose to, start your jus while the pork is resting.
   Deglaze the pan with red wine or chicken stock to make your jus. Cook and reduce a little. Strain if you like. Slice pork and serve au jus.

Happy Sunday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment