18 April 2012

Broiled Salmon


I love salmon. I haven't always, but when I lived next to the ocean on the West Coast for about 4 years, I fell in love with it. And it hasn't stopped. My favorite way to cook salmon used to be on the grill. But now, broiling it in the oven is my new fave. It's so quick and oh so simple, it's the perfect cooking method when you're time strapped. So this really isn't a recipe, but it still gives you a wonderfully quick meal, so I had to share. I will sift through my cookbooks to find a nice sauce to go with this. I used to make a vodka dill sauce for salmon, but I want to find something that is much simpler. I know that it will be dill based, because it is a perfect match; dill & salmon, salmon & dill. Yup, love it! And of course, I just love dill. I would actually set it out on my table in a vase like a bouquet of flowers. Fresh dill smells amazing! 

Not a great picture but you can see how there is nice crispiness to the salmon.

Broiled Salmon

Ingredients
salmon portions, debonned and skin removed
salt
fresh ground pepper
cooking spray

Set your oven to broil. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Prepare your salmon by sprinkling each side with salt and pepper. Place the side of the salmon that had the skin onto the baking sheet. This will ensure that your will get a little bit of a crispiness. Cook for about 4 mins. Flip the salmon over and put it back in the oven for another 4 mins. Flip them back over again and if you feel that you would like a little more crispness, put it back in for about a minute or 2 max. You definitely don't want to over cook your salmon, so keep a very close eye on it. Serve with rice and veggies.
Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment