2 April 2012

Honey Garlic Chicken for the slow cooker

With my busy baking schedule on Fridays and Saturdays now, it's important for me to have something easy ready for supper because I'm not going to want to really do much. So I found a recipe for the slow cooker for some chicken thighs I had in the freezer. I went to one of my favorite sites for anything slow cooker, http://crockpot365.blogspot.com. The author has a great variety of recipes to choose from and she also puts up a verdict of how her family enjoyed the recipe. Definitely worth browsing!
I made this while baking on Saturday and it was so tasty. It smelled great while cooking and the taste didn't disappoint. There is a sweetness to the chicken but not overpowering at all, just the right amount. And the chicken was nice and tender. I am definitely throwing this recipe into my rotation, too good not too!!



Honey Garlic Chicken for the slow cooker
source: www.crockpot365.blogspot.com

Ingredients
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Use a 4qt slow cooker for this recipe. If you are using a 6qt slow cooker, like I did, the chicken is going to cook faster. So with the 6qt, be sure to check after 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low for doneness.

Put your chicken into the slow cooker. Place remaining ingredients into a small bowl and mix. Pour mixture evenly over the chicken and cover.
Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours if using a 4qt slow cooker.
Serve with rice and your choice of veggies.

Happy cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment